At the end of the 19th century, Palazzo del Comando (nowadays known as Zanardelli Barraks) was built in the zone that delimited the area where the site of the Rocca d’Anfo extended and more accurately, at about midway between Batteria Rocca Vecchia and Batteria Statuto, beside the fortification line of the shore of the Idro Lake.
This building develops lengthways and in parallel with the current state highway that flanks the lake and for this reason it is easily visible. Initially, its places were destined to the general services of direction, while nowadays, thanks to its position, it is used as entrance of the Rocca d’Anfo.
CONSTRUCTION PERIOD OR TEMPORARY INTERVAL: circa 1870-1890
TYPE OF BUILDING: barracks
DIMENSION: 1339 square metres
ELEVATION: 400 M sea level