#ANFOrgettable

Rolando Battery

The first trace of this battery, which constitutes the defensive line towards Tyrol, dates back to 1803 when, according to the project wanted by Napoleon Bonaparte, the space necessary for its foundations was obtained in the rock. The Battery project, however, was only partially carried out in 1814 and consists of casemates of limited heights with a pitched roof that can be camouflaged in the morphology of the ground to defend the road below.
Left in a state of neglect for several years, it was completely renovated in 1884 thanks to a large amount of funding for the recovery, arming and modernization of the entire Rocca. The scaled down volume, still visible today, has the external coating in granite blocks and the roof is rounded in shape to deflect the shots fired and hide in the mountain skyline.